Thursday, May 2, 2013

bureau ready for delivery!

 
 
Finished the bureau I have been working on.  I like the way it came out.  It is Paris Grey with Old White accents in Annie Sloan chalk paint. 

 
 
I cleaned the bureau really well with mineral spirits and then de-natured alchohol.  It was very dirty!  I cleaned inside the drawers too as it was a little musty smelling.  Probably had not been used in a while. 
 

I then sanded it lightly as it had some minor gouges and scratches on the top.  I then gave it two coats of Paris Grey and highlighted the raised areas on the front of the bureau in old white.

I also gave it two coats of clear wax to protect the wood.  I gave the top a good buffing a couple of days later as I tend to like some shine on the top. 

A lot of people like to use the paintbrush in random patterns but I do tend to paint in straight lines....my type A personality maybe!!

  It has great detail and is ready for delivery!  Had a nice note in the mail today from my son's girlfriend thanking me for the prettying up!

1 comment:

  1. Nice!!! Thanks for sharing very important information on this blog..

    Painter Perth

    ReplyDelete